Get a Wedding Specialist
Where do I start?
- We suggest starting with a tentative date(s).
Is it possible reaching you by email?
- Of course! We can be reached at : firstname.lastname@example.org
What services does Better Together Events Mexico offer? Is there a fee?
- We can help you from Coordination on the day to Design your wedding adding your personal style. A specialist will be with you to assist prior to and on your special day and they are there throughout the entire experience to answer any question you may have regarding your day!
Many hotels offers a Wedding Coordinator on site; what`s the advantage of hire Better Together Events Mexico?
- A Hotel wedding coordinator will help you with all you need inside the hotel and most of them have more than 1 wedding per day.
Better Together Events Mexico staff can assist you with:
- Quote a group rates, with this rates you and your guests will be able to save some money during you stay.
- Work with the hotel to control guest payments, reservations, etc, so you will know how many guests do you have confirmed.
- Quote and book transfers services for you and your guests.
- Suggest, quote and book group activities for you and your guests.
- We assist you with your menu selections, décor and wedding theme based on your own style.
- Assistance in planning special parties like Bridal showers.
- In case that hotel or venue can not delivery a services we are happy to find other alternatives. Our goal is make your wedding day something magic and unforgettable
How much time would we need to reserve our wedding in advance?
- Weddings should be reserved at least three months in advance but one year is preferable if you have exact dates in mind.
How can we confirm our wedding date?
- Each location has their own policies; confirmations will be based on those policies. Most of the suppliers will require a deposit to secure the date selected, we will happy to assist you with the payment plan process.
What if we want to reserve on short notice?
- You should contact us at email@example.com we will do all in our hands to help you with a short notice event.
Do you require a deposit for your services? What is your cancellation policy?
- Once a wedding service is confirmed we require a $500 usd deposit. In regards locations we are subject to each location policies. Better Together Events Mexico will refund the 50% of the deposit if wedding is canceled within 6 months prior to the date.
When is the balance due? What payment methods do you use?
- The first deposit is made after initial communication to hold and confirm the wedding dates and service. The balance is due 1 month prior to the event date. Our pay pal service allows us to accept different credit cards as payment method.
How many days do we need to arrive prior to the ceremony?
- Mexico laws require that you be in the country at least 4 business days prior. This requirement applies ONLY for legal wedding. Symbolic ceremonies and vows renewal ceremonies do not to filled out this requirement, in this case you can arrive 2 days before of the wedding day.
What is the difference between legal (civil), religious and symbolic ceremonies?
- Only a civil ceremony is legally recognized. A religious ceremony has no legal bearing and does not replace in any way the binding legal civil marriage. A renewal of vows or religious ceremony is a symbolic ceremony. It is performed by a Non denominational minister (please note that Catholic ceremonies cannot be performed outside the church). The bride and groom will receive a symbolic marriage not legally valid.
Do we need to send any documentation prior to arrival?
- In case documentation prior to arrival is required we will let you in advance but this will be based on the type of ceremony selected.
Legal documentation and Information
Is there someone who can handle the legal details for us and will guide us through the process?
- Yes, the wedding coordinator deals directly with the local officials to coordinate the legalized wedding process.
What are the requirements to get a marriage license in your destination?
- Valid passport
- Tourist Cards (blue sheets that you receive at the airport)
- Apostille certified birth certificates for Bride & Groom (see below)
- If applicable, final Record of Divorce
- If applicable, Death Certificate
- Health certificate and blood test provided by a Mexican Official*
- Bride & Groom must arrive 4 days prior to the ceremony! (Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays1 do not count). *Additional costs apply.Requirements to get married in Mexico:
- Special Certificate (CIR): Letter certifies you don’t have a previous marriage registered in Quintana Roo State, this should be process 1 month prior and we require copies of bride & groom passports to request a NON marriage letter by Quintana Roo state,. *Additional costs apply
Are witnesses required?
- Yes, four witnesses must arrive 4 days prior to the ceremony with passports and tourist cards (green sheet received at the airport), witnesses can be provided by Better Together Events Mexico if needed
What is an Apostille document, why do I need it and where do I get it?
- Apostille is a French word which means a certification. It is commonly used in English to refer to the legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. Documents which have been notarized by a notary public, and certain other documents, and then certified with a conformant apostille are accepted for legal use in all the nations that have signed the Hague Convention. (courtesy of Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille)
I was divorced less then one year ago. Can I have my civil ceremony at your destination?
- Unfortunately no. If you have been divorced you will need to wait at least one year before remarrying, and you must bring a copy of your divorce decree.
Can I translate my divorce decree and apostille document prior to my arrival to the resort?
- No, this must be done in Mexico upon arrival and should be handled by the wedding coordinator. An extra fee applies.
Do we need proof of any medical tests?
- Yes, a blood test must be taken in Mexico (see below).
Do I need a blood test and if so, what diseases does it check for?
- Yes, to be considered valid the test must be taken in Mexico and should not be taken more than 14 days prior to the ceremony. The blood will be tested for HIV, RPR (sexually transmitted diseases) and blood type. The results will be ready in 24 hours together with a certificate of the blood test. Upon arrival, your wedding coordinator sets the appointment for the next morning.
What is the price of the blood test?
- The payment is roughly $350 USD per couple. Blood test payment can be added in your wedding balance due.
Can I have a doctor perform the test in my country and take the results to the resort?
- No, the test must be taken in Mexico in order to be valid, no exceptions.
Will I be able to participate in the wedding ceremony if the test comes back positive?
- No, according to Mexican law, if your test comes back positive you can not be legally married in Mexico; however we will offer you the option to do a symbolic ceremony.
What is the latest time that we can arrive at the resort for it to count toward the “business day” requirement?
- Arrival day does not count, nor do weekends or Holidays. You must arrive 4 full business days prior
Is it performed in English or Spanish?
- Most ceremonies are performed in Spanish with an English translator. Some judges speak English, however, we cannot guarantee which official will perform the ceremony. Ministers are fluent in English and are able to perform symbolic ceremonies in either language.
What if I don’t have a witness?
- If there are no witnesses available, they can be provided at a nominal charge.
How do I get all of the information to my guests and keep everything organized?
- Most destination brides chose to have an official wedding website. Some samples are available at www.eweddings.com and also www.destinationweddings.com.
If my name is different from the passport and birth certificate will this present problem?
- Yes, in order for the documents to be finalized and legal in Mexico, there must be proof for different names in order to get married (ie divorce, birth certificates, etc). The wedding coordinator will be able to explain in further detail.
Will the judge perform the ceremony if all of our documents are not in order? Are there any exceptions?
- No, there are no exceptions. All documents must be presented, and they must be in order for the ceremony to take place. If not, there is no ceremony.
Will our Marriage Certificate be legal in our country right after our Wedding day?
- In case of legal (Civil) ceremonies you will received a Certificate in Spanish Version with all the signatures and finger prints, this certificate WILL NOT be valid in your country, due to it is not apostille or validated. The City Hall will process the validation and translation into English of your Marriage Certificate, this process usually takes between 3 – 4 months (based on the City Hall timing response). Once this is ready we will notify you by email before send you the Validated Certificate.
Catholic documentation & info
The Catholic Church makes certain request of the Bride and Groom o help the couple with their spiritual preparation in addition there records are needed:
- Baptismal certificate issued within 6 months prior to the wedding date.
- A record of Confirmation
- Letter of Free State issued by the parishes of both parties.
- 4 witnesses ( 2 for the groom & 2 for the Bride)
- Couple answers questions to make certain that they plan to enter marriage freely and they are fully consent to one another.
- Participate in PreCana conferences a session of sessions with other couples in a group format discuss and contemplate prayerfully the meaning of marriage and its commitment. ( for detail info about conferences please contact you wedding coordinator)
Who performs the ceremony?
- You will have the option for either a local judge or minister, shaman for a Mayan Ceremony or a Priest for Catholic ceremonies.
What if we want a ceremony that honors a particular religion; can someone of that faith be provided?
- No, but feel free to bring your own official of that religion.
On the other hand, what if we want a ceremony that does not bring in religion?
- Non religious ceremonies are definitely an option.
On the other hand, what if we want a ceremony that does not bring in religion?
- Non religious ceremonies are definitely an option.
How long is the ceremony?
- The ceremony itself only lasts about 30 minutes
What do brides and grooms typically wear at your resort for destination weddings?
- Brides usually wear a beautiful white gown, while grooms usually prefer khakis and a white dress shirt. Most couples also prefer bare feet on the beach, of course.
What do you do if I schedule an outside ceremony and reception — and it rains? Do you have a picture of the back up plan?
- Most locations in the area offer a back up plan, due to weather in this area change constantly.
What time are the sunset and the approximate temperature an hour before?
- Depending on the season, sunset can be anywhere from 5:30 – 7:00 pm.
What types of flowers are available locally?
- Almost all kinds of flowers can be provided, some at an additional cost. We work with local florists to make sure the most options are available.
Is live music available? Can you email me an mp3 file of your house musicians?
- Yes. The wedding coordinator can send you details.
Can we supply our own music on CD?
- Yes, though sound system equipment has an additional charge.
Can you email me suggested menus for the reception?
- Yes, we can give you many different menu options to choose from or request a customized wedding menu.
What can you supply in the way of a wedding cake?
- We have numerous wedding cake options available and of course we offer customized options also.
What is the cost and what do we get for that amount?
- Yes, we have numerous video and photography options. The cost will depend on the service you choose.
Can you arrange a special tour or activity for our guests?
- These may be arranged through the preferred tour company we will be happy to offer you the different options available.
Do I need any immunizations before traveling?
- In order to travel to Mexico you do not need any immunizations.
What is the time zone?
- Cancun and the Riviera Maya, Mexico are in the Central Time Zone.
Can I bring dollars?
- Yes, American dollars are recognized and accepted in Mexico.
Is it easy to enter into Mexico?
- You must have a valid passport to enter.
- Please visit http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html for details.
Do we meet our wedding supplier on property?
- We would be happy to schedule a meeting with us, however please let us know in advance if you think that this is necessary.
What time of day do most destination weddings occur? Why?
- Most guests chose to marry couple hours before sunset. Simply because it is the most romantic time!
Why?Do you offer a set destination wedding package, or do we choose the elements individually?
- We do offer wedding packages, however we are more than happy to offer personalized services.
If I want to bring friends and family members, do you offer assistance for groups?
- Yes we have contacts with different travel agents and tour operators who will be happy to quote us Group rates.
Do you mind me asking all these questions?
- Not at all! Our wedding coordinator is happy to assist you in planning your perfect day, so please feel free to ask away.
Contact the wedding coordinator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have more questions we will be happy to assist you!!!